Me before

Me before
This is me in the pink shirt

Sunday, August 14, 2011

First day on my Raw Journey Experience

Yup, that's me in the pink shirt. Hard to believe that just a year ago, I was a much trimmer much more active person. I was doing triathlons, road races, training for a century bike race. But one little bike accident stopped all of that. This will be quite a journey as I have developed Facet Joint Disease and Sacroilliac Joint Dysfunction from this accident.  But I am ready to jump back on the active bandwagon and get myself back in shape. I have gained 35 pounds over the last year due to my inactiveness. I went from a size ten to a size 18. Because not only did I put on the pounds but I lost the toneness of my body that I did not truly appreciate until I lost it. To be fair it is a very lose size 18.  I could do 16, but I could not stand the feeling of my clothing since I have gotten to this size.  Hence I bought the next size up.  I am now 191.8 pounds. I cannot believe I let myself get to this point.  I knew it was happening, but I let it happen, but no more. I have been a vegan/vegatarian for a year and a half now. But I still packed the pounds on.

Today is the first day in my Raw Journey Experience. I am very excited and will do my best.  I got this recipe from the website "Rawmazing".  I beautiful website that I believe will help to guide me through this process much more smoothly.  YO

This morning I had a green smoothie that was delicious.  It is called Banana Pineapple Green Drink.  The link to the recipe is:

http://www.rawmazing.com/banana-pineapple-green-drink/


I actually made a delicious meal last night for dinner from this same website.  I just could not wait I was so excited to get started.

It was called Walnut Pesto Cream Sauce with Veggies.   It was so delicious. My husband even liked it. The link for the recipe is below.


http://www.rawmazing.com/pesto-and-other-basil-tricks/

If you are going to start eating raw, I would highly recommend starting with this recipe.  It was truly fantastic.  Unbelievable so.  I cannot wait to have the leftovers for lunch.

My new juicer comes in tomorrow and I cannot wait to use it.  I just now need to get a dehydrater and a sprial slicer and I will be all set.  I am sure I will discover other things I need along the way but for now this is all I need. 

Thanks for reading, until next time........









No comments:

Post a Comment